Help With Class Project Please!

Jgall21

I am very new to plc's and am taking a begining plc class and we got a concrete batch mixer project and it doesnt seem very beniner like more intermediate or advanced. I was just wondering if someone could help me with it.
Thanks

we are using a micro logix 1000 in class if it helps.

batch 1.jpeg.jpg batch 2.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty new to programming myself and you will probably get great advice here. Looking at the requirements it looks fairly simple. remember there are MANY ways to do this.

Re-read the hints section again. After that, break the process up into a mathproblem. i.e. If I wanted 7 batches, how long would the output for the gravel need to be on to get the correct amount. (you may need to use a different time base to accomplish this other than 1 sec.)
You'll have to figure out how to increment the batches then you can use this register to multiply it by the increment for each ingredient.

I hope this give you a nudge in the right direction.

Kraken Fan #69

Thank you for your advice i think i might be getting the hang of it. I hope

Welcome to the Forum!

Have you written any sketches, or any logic up to this point? If you get stuck, just post your program file as a PDF, or zip the .RSS program and post it here, someone will help you out.

Hint: I would use two timers for this program, one timer for a normal batch cycle, then one timer for the rinse cycle, then condition your outputs based off of these timer values.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
Dustin

You can try and use latches in the program so that once one material has dumped into the mixer it unlatches and starts the next latch. Good luck with your project.

Be careful with latches - they have to be reset properly or will remain on.