proplem in trend rsview 32

engcontrolplc

i add new computer to our network and install Rsview 32 7.20.00(CPR7), Rslinx gateway 2.42 build 18 and Rs Trend x 3.42.00(CPR7) after running RSview found some trends not work please advice me to solve this problem

i add new computer to our network and install Rsview 32 7.20.00(CPR7), Rslinx gateway 2.42 build 18 and Rs Trend x 3.42.00(CPR7) after running RSview found some trends not work please advice me to solve this problem

Welcome to the Forum!

As well as the information you have already provided.

What PLC are you Communicating with and trying to Trend?

Do all these Trends apply to one PLC, or multiple PLCs?

How are you Communicating with the PLC(s)?

Are there any Error Messages, or does it just say No Data, or some other problem?

Stu....

the main controller is logix 5562 no error and trends from different plc(s)we have 6 separate units with PLC and 1 main PLC all communicate to main PLC by fiber optical ring network
main PLc is redundancy system I/O communicate processor by control net and all HMI with Rs view (PC) communicant to net work by ether net network

This usually happens because some of the trend displays have been created using a newer version of TrendX than the one on the RSView machine. This is common because TrendX is shipped with several different Rockwell packages and installing a new copy of Logix 5000 (for example) can overwrite the TrendX files on your development computer. You need to check that the version of the RSTXView.ocx file on the RSView32 runtime system is at least as new as the version on your development machine. If not you can simply copy the file across from the development machine.

This usually happens because some of the trend displays have been created using a newer version of TrendX than the one on the RSView machine. This is common because TrendX is shipped with several different Rockwell packages and installing a new copy of Logix 5000 (for example) can overwrite the TrendX files on your development computer. You need to check that the version of the RSTXView.ocx file on the RSView32 runtime system is at least as new as the version on your development machine. If not you can simply copy the file across from the development machine.

i not found the file RSTXview.ocx please where i can found it

On our XP and Windows 2003 Server machines the file is installed in the "RSCOMMON" sub-folder of the Rockwell Software folder in Program Files. If you right click on the file and open Properties there is a version tab which contains the full version information.

You only need to copy the .ocx file. Not the whole folder.
You have not said what the operating system is but the RSCOMMON directory should appear somewhere on the new computer if RSView32 is installed.

hi all
with the other program ver. the RSTXview.ocx file ver. is 3.42.00 and the RSWHo_Ocx file ver is 2.1.2.0 and the problem still exist

Give the info below a try just in case cache files are in conflict with your project.

A repair I do if any issue crops up, is to shut down the project, then in Windows Explorer, go into the project folder, open the cache folder, and blow away all files in that cache folder, they will be rebuilt on the next start up.

The next thing I do is go to the projects Tag folder, and look for one file with "the project name".cac
I THEN BLOW THAT ONE ONLY AWAY, leaving all the other files in that folder, this .cac file also will be rebuilt on project start up.

Then shut down computer and reboot and run your project.

I cant promise this will fix your problem, but it wont harm it either.

Edit
An additional thought is for you to check the Activity log and see if all the data logging models have started when you boot up the computer, an error with a model will most likely be logged

Last edited: