Mitsubishi A1S vs. Hurricane Sandy

gurar

Has anyone tried to salvage equipment that has been under water in floods? I have had pretty good success cleaning with isopropanol and compressed air. Probably about 30 to 40 circuit boards of various types were cleaned and returned to service this way- 100% success rate until now. The Mitsubishi A1S would not take a new program- the error in Medoc 2.3 is "Memory Protected Area." All of my expansion modules cleaned up nicely and work well. Any comments?

Soapy water and water rinse then isopropyl then warm air say 120F work quite well. The sooner the better. If salt water get them immersed in fresh water ASAP and leave them immersed or and better yet immerse in isopropyl until you can do final cleanup.

Use low pressure compressed air ie 15 psi or less.

Dan Bentler