Changin Wincc Flex Tag connection

CliveBaker

Hi All,

I have some WinCC flex templates that I need to duplicate in the same project but for a different connection (PLC). I cannot find any search and replace that will do this. I thought I couks use rewire but that is no good. Example is "Process_CS1\Template\Drv_Faceplate\Run_Fwd_Req" CS1 needs changing to CS2.

I have several device faceplates and associated data screens for each device. I works out to hundreds of tag replacements.

Please somebody tell me I can do this wit some search and replace function like in iFix.

But I think I will be doing it manually.

I dont use faceplates so I dont know if the problem has to do with faceplates. But I have used rewire many times to do just the task you mention. Why does it not work for you ?

Hi JesperMP,

Sorry they are not faceplates just common screens that all have the same tag names. The main PLC indexes a DB and fill the tags with the relevant data.

My problem is the I have added 3 new plcs and they will be using the duplicate screens with the same tags but a different communication path.

I need to search and replace the communication path, not the tags, rewire doesn't allow me to do this. I have attached 2 gif's that indicate what I am trying to do,

Screen1.gif PLC_Connections.gif

Hi
I would add the PLC connections, export the tags to csv, edit in excel to change the connection, then import back to WinCC Flex

Cheers

Hi
I would add the PLC connections, export the tags to csv, edit in excel to change the connection, then import back to WinCC Flex

Cheers

The tags have already been created, it a copy of the screen where they need to be changed. If I could export a screens tags and reimport them after changing them that would be fine, but you cannot do that. Example below:

Screen 1
DB909BBX2.0=xxx/communication/Tags/Process_CS1/Template/Drv_Faceplate

Screen 2
DB909BBX2.0=xxx/communication/Tags/Process_CS2/Template/Drv_Faceplate

As you can see its the Path that need changing

Hi
I am a bit confused as to what your saying. THe tagname must be unique and it is the tag which is pointing to the connection\address

Machine 1 Motor 1 = connection 001\address whatever
Machine 2 Motor 1 = connection 002\address whatever

So the same apart from the tag and connection.

As for search replace you cannot do that for emplaced tags but you can use cross reference to easily drill down to them for replacment

I think i would have used multiplexed tags if i was doing what you are and kept a single hmi page

Hi
Thanks for that.
What I have to do is copy existing standard (no such thing)screens done by others, that have tags that are indexed in the PLC, so they are multiplexed. I have to used the same tag names but looking other PLC's, hence the connection needs replacing. The only way I have found is to rewire each on individually, which is turning out to be quicker then trying to find a easy way.

Have you tried:

Create new blank project.
Copy existing page to blank project.
If done correctly, it'll copy all tags and connections.
Change connection name in blank project.
Copy page from blank project to existing project.
If done correctly it'll rename page and tags (obviously because tagnames are unique) and it'll add a new connection.
Configure this new connection so it maps to the new PLC.
And you're done. Or should be.

Two things spring to mind.

Firstly, You cannot have the same tag name twice (at least I don't think you can).

Secondly, As you've already copied and pasted the tags (they will have been given an _1 suffix most likely) then you can select them all in the tag list and change the connection on all the tags at once (I think).

Sorry if this sounds a bit vague but i don't write software any more so I can't try it.

Nick

P.S. I like your avatar, I took a photo similar to that for the BKK a few years back in Milton Keynes.

Jeeps Thanks for that it looks like it will work. I had a quick try but because I have been messing about the tags are not in the same group. So I need to recreate the new screens again.

Manglemender

The same tag names are in different folders its the folders path that need changing on the new screens.

Do you do Karate then, I do and have done since the 70's
Had a few years off (27) then started again 2 years ago. Different style but my son was doing it so I joined him. My main style is Shotokan. I am doing GKR now its very close to Shotokan.

Sorry I got carried away off topic.

Clive,

I think I missunderstood your actual problem but the solution provided by Jeebs looks like a good one. WinCC 7.0 screens can use a "Tag Prefix" that you can automate with VBS; I've used this functionality to keep only one screen but display different data sets.

OT: I don't participate myself but was invited to photograph a competition. I also did the world championships at Crystal Palace that year.

Nick

Why when I copy a screen from one project to new blank one, does the text not go with it.
I have tried exporting text for the original and importing it into the new one without any luck.

Jeebs,

Copying into a new blank project does not work. I changed all the tags but when I copied it back, it duplicated all the tags with the original connection. So I am jst going to have to do it all by hand.

Thanks you All for all your help.

The text issue looks like project language settings gone wrong.
Absolutely hate the way Siemens handles it.
We've gone from 3 languages to 1, just to prevent text issues.

It's odd that it doesn't work for you.
I've used it multiple times, intentionally and unintentionally, where inserting new tags, configured with another connectionname, also inserts the connection.

Well I just tested it.
Open Project.
Open New blank project.
Copy screen from Project to New.
Change only the connection name in the connections tab.
Copy screen from New to Project.
Do NOT use Flat Copy.

It inserted new tags, with a _0 and added a new connection with these tags.
If this doesn't work for you, I'm stumped.