Disabling of screen saver if an alarm appears in RS View.

AB2005

Hi friends;

A workstation of machine has a Desktop PC having RS view32 based HMI. There is a screen saver set at PC. We have a problem that when screen saver in-operation, if an alarm appears, operator doesn't know about it. He comes to know when he hit a key of key-board or hit the mouse. Is there any way to program that if an alarm appears in HMI, system redirects to HMI if screen saver is active? Screen saver is essential and we can not remove it.
The PC buzzer sound is not enough as the noise of machine running overcomes on it.

Hi friends;

A workstation of machine has a Desktop PC having RS view32 based HMI. There is a screen saver set at PC. We have a problem that when screen saver in-operation, if an alarm appears, operator doesn't know about it. He comes to know when he hit a key of key-board or hit the mouse. Is there any way to program that if an alarm appears in HMI, system redirects to HMI if screen saver is active? Screen saver is essential and we can not remove it.
The PC buzzer sound is not enough as the noise of machine running overcomes on it.

Screen saver more essential than your plant operations? Try a Beacon light.

Drill down in regedit to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop.

Export the current value of that key to save the settings.

Then delete all keys that you find there except (Default).

Export just that key and create a .bat file that runs regedit when you want to clear the screensaver. Use the first exported file when you want to turn it back on.

(As always make a complete backup of the registry before you start, just in case it goes terribly south for you when you modify the registry keys....)