Need help with PLC 5/30 addressing

Hi, I need to address the inputs and output for a ladder diagram. It is an 8-point, single slot module. I have to address the inputs in slot 0 and outputs in slot 1.
Does it mean that inputs can be assigned any address from I:000/00 to I:000/07 and outputs can be assigned any address from O:001/00 to O:001/07 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I need to address the inputs and output for a ladder diagram. It is an 8-point, single slot module. I have to address the inputs in slot 0 and outputs in slot 1.
Does it mean that inputs can be assigned any address from I:000/00 to I:000/07 and outputs can be assigned any address from O:001/00 to O:001/07 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Assuming Single Slot Addressing, and that the Input Card is in Slot 0 (Group 0) and the Output Card is in Slot 1 (Group 1), then yes.

Link to PLC5 Addressing Reference:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/5000-rm002_-en-p.pdf

Stu....