PLC 5 Page Titles

akrafter

I have a PLC 5 program running that has page titles in the program files that subdivide each ladder with equipment names for the corresponding logic. Sometimes when I open this up with RS Logix 5, there is a little "+" sign next to each program file in the list, and when you click on it, it shows a list of each page title in that program file. Clicking on one of these titles will take you to the rung on that ladder the title is on. All very handy, except for the fact that over half of the time when I go online with the processor, the "+" sign is not there, so there is no shortcut to the rung I want to get to. All the page titles are still there in the database. Anyone else have this happen to them? I can't think of anything I am doing different on the times that it appears vs. the times it doesn't.

Is it the same computer? The option you are referring to is enabled in the Tools ==> Options menu. I believe it is worded as Integrate Advanced Diagnostics in Project Tree. But I might be off on the exact wording.

Once that setting is on, it should stay on unless someone is changing it.

OG

p.s. I think that feature might be the single best feature added to RSLogix 5/500 in the last 10 years. That and embedded cross-referencing.

Are you seeing this on the same PC, and RSLogix5 Programming Software, or on different PCs?

This feature is normally turned on under Tools-->Options.

There is a Check Box about halfway down the Preferences Tab.

Stu....

I'm not sure why sometimes this is there and sometimes it isn't, but thanks for letting me know where to turn it on and off. I use the same computer all the time, so it is a bit annoying when it isn't there. It sure is a handy feature, and it was driving me nuts not knowing how to enable it. Thanks.