Database

munir

Hi guys,
i am currently working on a project where in m using fatek plc through which i have read the data of 4 energy meters(EL-measure) giving the values of V,I,P etc the problem is i want to manage the database hourly and keep the record can u suggest how come it is possible or is it possible at all or not i have heard dat i can use sql server and all but i would appreciate if its being done on excel or access

Hello,

PeakHMI can read data from the Fatek PLC and write data to Excel, Access and SQL server.

In terms of obtaining and managing data, you may want to consider Kepware's ODBC driver:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/ODBC_Client_Driver_OPC_Server.htm

Not knowing what driver you will require for Fatek, you may want to consider the capabilities of the server and what it can do for your application:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepserverex.htm

If you have any questions, feel free to respond, pm or email through the link in my signature.

Disclosure - ESI is a Kepware distributor.

Hello,

> Not knowing what driver you will require for Fatek...

Fatek supports two protocols, Facon and MODBUS. PeakHMI can use Facon and/or MODBUS.

Looking at the Kepware website, MODBUS would be the only option to access the Fatek PLC.