no communication between contrologix and PV+

LBato

Hello everybody, I have no communication between my controllogix5561 and my panelview+ 1500.

I can download program in my contrologix and my panel.But I don't have communication...

I have make a cable 2711-NC13 for the communication,but the LED "RS232" is always "off" when I run the application (.mer).

I think I have setting problem, beacause in panelview+ "setting and communication" parameter I have no device(and no shortcut in setting of application..) !

In rsview32 (CPR7), in rslinx enterprise->communication setup I have : look attached files. maybe a problem with local/target setting?

I have make address 2 in the controllogix program, and address 1 in panelview setting.

thanx you for hepl. :)

rslinx local.JPG rslinx target.JPG

Both your local (your local design computer) and target (Panelview) paths should point to the Control Logix PLC.

Then when downloading the runtime, choose over-write comm's settings.

I have a paths, no? beacause I have address "2" for the controllogix. maybe I don't understand your message.

It looks like your paths have not been set correctly, or they have not been downloaded to the Panelview correctly.

When first setting a shortcut, or when changing a shortcut, you need to check the box that says "Replace communication settings" when transferring the runtime application.

See attached picture.

rslinx target instructions.jpg Transfer Instructions.jpg

Last edited:
Thanx you brendan, Yes I have not "apply" the shortcut to the controllogix.

I need to apply the shortcut, after I copy "local" to "target" and download to the panel.

Now I have the config and shortcut in the panelview! thanx you.