Beckhoff Moving Outputs

Good evening Sirs,

I just entered in a new company and they asked me to develop a program with a Beckhoff PLC CP6608-0001-0010.

I'm trying to move a Memory BYTE in my program to a Output BYTE I've declared on my Global Variables and configured in the TwinCAT "System Manager".

When I'm monitoring on "System Manager", my Output BYTE value changes normally according to my Memory BYTE, but the physical Outputs doesn't turn on.

My question is: the TwinCAT doesn't accept a MOVE from a memory directly to a output?

Thx in advance.

No it does not as the memory is memory and the outputs are outputs.
solution is very simple.
%QB0 := %MB0
or with VARS
boutput:=bmemory
in global define
boutput at %QB0 : BYTE;
bmemeory at %MB0 : BYTE;
in the resources you can also define the outputs, by clicking on the channel.
this is same as global declaration

Well, I declared my outputs as a byte like MOVI_OUTS AT %Q*:BYTE;

Then I used a MOVE instruction to move a MEM_POS byte to my MOVI_OUTS (MOVI is from SEW Movidrive, not same as move) that are direct linked with a output's card on TwinCAT System Manager, but the outputs don't change.
I used to do it in AB using the MOV ou MVM instruction, or even in Siemens without problems.

When I get to System Manager and monitore the Card's Outputs, the graph value changes from 0 to 255, but the leds in the physical card and the outputs itselves doesn't send any signal or tension.

When I get to System Manager and monitore the Card's Outputs, the graph value changes from 0 to 255, but the leds in the physical card and the outputs itselves doesn't send any signal or tension.

I know.

You have to link the card's output to your program variable.
You have to go to config mode for that.
If this does not ring a bell, then probably you didn't do it :)
There is some info on the Beckhoff site:
http://infosys.beckhoff.com/english...csystemmanager/basics/TcSysMgr_MappVar.htm&id=

MOVI_OUTS AT %Q*:BYTE;
correct should be MOVI_OUTS AT %QB34:BYTE; or any number coming from the manager (put anywhere in the VAR list (normal is global_var
if you use the var in your program then you can use autofill.
then in the program it should be something like
outputbyte:=123;
movi_outs:= outputbyte;

As mentioned, in System Manager you need to import the PLC project (*.tpy file), then link all PLC variables to real I/O channels. That is because you declared the locations as "%Q*", where the "*" means "to be associated later in System Manager". That is the way I do it also, since it lets the system handle memory mapping. I did have a problem in early 2012 with some TwinCAT versions not auto-mapping correctly (overlaps in memory, see my post).

You can also do the linking from the real I/O channels under the module tree. I haven't had much luck trying to map a whole array of PLC variables using "Array Mode", since it doesn't always display the correct I/O types in the selection window. Once linked, you will see a little "shortcut" arrow on each variable and I/O channel, and see a "linked to ..." comment.

Don't forget to click the "Activate Configuration" icon to download your System Manager setup to the PLC. I always seem to have glitches when trying to "write" or "force" values to I/O channels or PLC variables. That requires being in certain run/configure states and whether your PLC code is running and constantly over-writing whatever you try to set manually. I don't use it enough to remember the details.