PLC-based Christmas lights/displays?

Typically, a PLC is a poor choice to use for complex lighting control and synchronization. Most folk that you see with the seriously impressive displays use something like a Light-O-Rama controller and its software. Most commercial lighting controllers are fully waterproof, handle very high loads, and run much tighter timing then can be done with an inexpensive PLC.

I was looking at using the light-o-rama setup to see if it could be used as a PLC input to drive a multiplexed output setup
maybe next year too busy this one.

I'm using a Moeller Easy, just as a time clock, to turn the lights on and off. I did program a momentary/toggle button, so I can turn them on manually to test/change bulbs.

Typically, a PLC is a poor choice to use for complex lighting control and synchronization. Most folk that you see with the seriously impressive displays use something like a Light-O-Rama controller and its software. Most commercial lighting controllers are fully waterproof, handle very high loads, and run much tighter timing then can be done with an inexpensive PLC.

Thanks - I hadn't heard of that product. Sounds like an ideal solution!

Actually, I'm pretty much a '60s guy when it comes to Christmas light preferences, so for now I'll probably be sticking with my steady-burning incandescent C7 strings, but the capabilities of that controller sure are tempting!