Free SCADA training on line

Hi to all,
I will be graduating, May 2013, with an associate of applied science in Electronics Technology. Most the good paying jobs in Oklahoma are in the gas and oil industries, which require a person to know SCADA. I like Oklahoma and want to stay in this state, so I was wondering if anyone knows some good free web sites that could help me learn SCADA being used on remote well sites. I have a good understanding of PLCs and would just like to learn about SCADA, even if I do not work for an oil or gas company. Thank you all for your help.

Last edited:
also check out elynx website to see their scada system. it is pretty nice but is not a traditional style scada system and they have very little control features. mostly monitoring flow computers and pump systems.

plc logic for oil and gas is pretty simple compared to manufacturing facilities is very simple. really crappy logic with no regard for timing will work fine in oil and gas, whereas timing is really big in most manufacturing facilities.

perhaps try youtube for more info.

Check out DPS Telecom.
http://dpstele.com/?link=nav

I get an email a month from them, offering white papers and videos on RTUs, SNMP, fiber optic, analog sensors, everything but wireless.

I seem to recall that they've got paid training course, but white papers frequently give a good overview of topics.

InduSoft Web Studio is used routinely for SCADA/remote monitoring applications in the oil and gas industry. If you visit www.indusoft.com you can request a free evaluation license which provides full access to our development software for a 40 hour period.

Additionally, we offer over 20 hours of free online training videos that explain all of the basic modules of our software. While these training modules are obviously geared to our software, they should still provide a good feel for what is required to create basic SCADA projects (device communication, data logging, trending, alarming etc...) Hopefully these resources can provide you with some helpful insight.

Evaluation license: http://www.indusoft.com/mainpage.php?aricleid=14&type=download/iws/scada/software/trial/demo/HMI
Free Training Videos: http://www.indusoft.com/article.php?type=article&artid=47&lang=en