Dual compressor clock circuit exercise 4

Jerry,
For the LogixPro Dual Compressor Student Exercise 4, there is no clock mentioned or required in the exercise (although you COULD use the free-running clock if you like painful, useless work). There is a mention of measuring the time for the pressure to drop from max to min. You can use a simple TON timer and/or RTO timer to do that job. Notice that I put this logic in Subroutine 4 (see picture).

From the instructions for Exercise 4
If a single compressor runs beyond the time that would normally suffice to attain full pressure at 50% or 60% flow, the idle compressor could be started to assist in the effort. A second method might be to track the time it takes for the pressure tank to drop from it's maximum to minimum settings, and from this determine beforehand whether 1 or 2 compressors need to be employed.

LogixPro Dual Compressor- Exercise 4 Pressure Drop.jpg

Last edited: