Can I use Modbus protocol with a CPU314-C2 PN/DP?

Iner

Hello,

I am trying to use the Modbus TCP protocol from the Siemens library to communicate with a Telemecanique Premium. I have a working exemple on a CPU315 but I keep getting an error on this one.

First the licencing (which is not necessary to run the communication, there is just a red led flashing). Then a status connect oscillating between 7001 and 7002 (no idea what it means).

The Wizard tool I have to parameter the Modbus DB makes no mentions of the CPU314 when he asks to choose the local configuration.

That's why I am starting to doubt? Is still possible? I need something else? Anyone got an answer? Thanks.

As far as I know, there are two separate libraries.
One is for integrated PN ports.
The other is for CP343-1 (should work even with the LEAN model).

The library I have is for integrated PN ports. It works with the CPU315.

Does it work for the 314-C2 ?