question about rslinx......

konney

hi all,
about a month ago ,i installed rslinx (version 2.41)on a pc(windows 2000 professional).from then on they also worked fine.but yesterday when i opened rslinx gateway and wanted to rswho ,one unexpected system message "failed to open the default project" appeared in my eyes.and then i couldn't do anything about rswho.but the rsview32 is still working fine and i can also program the plc5/80c online.
this is my second time that i've met this.last time,at first i uninstalled rslinx and rsview32 and reinstalled them with no use;at last i reinstalled the system,rslinx and rsview32 to resovle this problem.
this time i really don't want to reinstall the system.and if i can't find the real reason,the problem like this maybe occur some day. it's so
tell me why and how ,please~!

Peace and...

Harmony. I've experienced a similar thing before and my problem was that the RSI directory server (Harmony I think) was shutdown. It's the little computer icon with what looks like rain drops in the system tray. I just duplicated what you are experiencing but the only way I could resolve it was to shutdown RSLinx and restart it, thus restarting Harmony. I tried manually restarting Harmony through the services but it didn't work.

Maybe someone knows another way...

grs

grs:thank u for your kindness.

now i recheck the message.the message is 'failed to creat empty document '.i'm sorry for my mistake.

today when i reinstalled the system ,rslinx(version 2.41) and rsview32(version 6.3),rslinx worked fine.and when i installed rsnetworx for devicenet(version 4.12) ,rswho in rslinx can't work immediately.i opened the rsnerworx for dn,finding that it's empty in the hardware box.maybe the problem is caused by the software 'rsnetworx for devicenet'.but i don't know what should i do to resolve this.

eagerly hope some help comes soon.thanks~

I Hope this works here is a message from RA support as I had the same issue

A40145228 - HOTFIX: RSLinx 2.41 - Failed to create empty document (after installing RSLinx 2.41 AND RSNetWorx 4.x)
>
> Note:
> This hot fix should be applied only to RSLinx 2.41
> It will not work correctly on previous versions of RSLinx.
>
> Note:
> Before you install this hotfix, be sure to shut down RSLinx. If you are running RSLinx as a service, you must shut down the RSLinx service using the RSLinx Launch Control Panel, the system tray or the net stop command. If you do not, the hotfix installer will complete without error, but the hotfix will not be installed.

>
> Note:
> To install this hotfix:
> Use Windows Explorer to browse to the \Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon subdirectory. Find the file RSReg.DLL and delete it.

> Copy the new version of RSReg.DLL from this tech note into the \Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon subdirectory.

> Open a command prompt (Start > Run, type cmd and press Enter).
> Type the following command and press Enter: regsvr32 RSReg.DLL
> Note: you may have to copy the regsvr32 into the RSCommon directory as well as use the CD program files/rockwell software/rscommon command to gain access to the RSCommon directory.

> You should see a message indicating that the file was registered successfully. If not, call Tech Support at 1-440-646-5800 for assistance.

>
> <<RSReg.zip>>

RSReg.zip
I don't think the attachment worked can I send one?
Rich

yeah~! :)

thank you very much,Rich.
i have downloaded the rsreg.dll and installed the hotfix.
and now all things are very smooth.These are your contribution .

thank you ............