RTD conditioning in rslogix5000

suraj2k

very simple question:
I have an RTD input card (1756-IR6I) on a ControlLogix5000 chassis. I have several temperature sensors connected, the input range = 1-487 ohms.
what kind of analog conditioning code do I use, to translate these incoming ohms (raw data) to temperature values that I can use in my program?
I'm coding in Ladder Logic.
I just don't know what the raw data looks like, or what my analog conditioning should look like.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks!

thats great. So as long as I configure the Configuration window correctly with the correct Engineering (High and Low) values, I can refer to the Channel.Data in my program, and that Data will be in whatever Temperature units I've chosen. Right?
Thanks!

thats great. So as long as I configure the Configuration window correctly with the correct Engineering (High and Low) values, I can refer to the Channel.Data in my program, and that Data will be in whatever Temperature units I've chosen. Right?
Thanks!

Right. Post the program ( zip it first) if it does not work out for you.