PV update rate based on sensor response time

williamlove

I am using a CompactLogix with a 1769-IF4 card for a pressure control loop. I want to achieve tight control.

Let’s leave loop update time and scan rate out of this . . . I know how to use those and I know how to set them when I have specified how often the PV will be updated.

My question is regarding how often I should update the PV based on the response time of the pressure sensor, e.g. 250millsec. I am hoping someone will explain how you use the sensor response time to determine—in a precise way—how fast I should update the PV using the available settings of the analog input card.

It would be very helpful if you would explain if it is possible to update the PV too frequently, and if so, why?

Similar Topics

I have a project I have ported from RSView32 to Factorytalk View SE running on a computer. The software is talking to 5 remote plc's over 900mhz...
Replies
Views
Hello to the community, I am new to Rockwell and I have a small problem with a PvP1000(2711P). Some buttons in the same screen are not...
Replies
Views
I am having difficulty in finding out how to edit the tag update rate for a display in Vantage Point. Currently the display seems to update...
Replies
Views
Using the parallel or independent PID equation with e=sp-pv for temperature control of a electrically heated furnace. Ki is 1/sec and Kd is secs...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to try and calculate an update rate for an RS485 network but I am not quite sure where to start. I assume I would need to take into...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom