Message Blocks in RSLogix 5000

Hi.

This is my first post.

I am trying to configure a message block in 5000, Release 13 and I get a response that states that the instruction cannot be edited. Is this because I am using release 13?

I ask because examples I find online tell me to set the block to a specific type.

Bernie, I know that the MSG instruction and rung edit restriction is true of the MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 controllers.

But I don't remember that restriction on any version of ControlLogix.

Mike, are you sure the controller itself is not in hard RUN mode ? You cannot edit any rung or instruction unless the controller is in Remote Run, Remote Program, or Program modes.

The MSG can be edited online (even in v13), however, you must start a rung edit first, then access the MSG Configuration settings. If you access the Configuration settings without starting a rung edit then you cannot accept the changes.

OG