Micro800 Series Controllers

Discal

Quick question (mostly),

I have a chance to learn how to program on an 810 but as most seem to have noticed training literature can be vague.

By chance could someone give me a hint as to how I would set up the equivalent to a “B3” file? Due to limited time on the controller I can’t afford days of trial and error, and would really like to set up a couple of internal relays for my little project.

Thank you for taking time to read my post.

This is off the top of my head, but the Micro 800 series uses tag based addressing as opposed to the memory based addressing you're used to in RSLogix 5/500.

All you have to do is define a global or local variable of the "BOOL" type.

You could call this "B3" or anything you want.

I haven't used Connected Components Workbench much but you may also be able to define a variable as a DINT or an array of DINT's. You could then address each bit of the DINT variable.

e.g. Define variable "B3" as a DINT. You can now address B3.0, B3.1 - B3.31.

Last edited:
There are major differences between any of the RA RSLogix family programming software and the recently developed CCW which is dedicated exclusively to the "new" Micro8x0 PLC family (800, 810, 830, 850).
However, there are major similarities between Micro8x0/CCW and the Siemens S7/Step7 processors/software.
If you are not familiar with Siemens' approach to PLC programming let's say that the Micro8x0 CPU's do not "pre-allocate" memory to "pre-configured" data files like the PLC/SLC Allen-Bradley CPUs do.
Similar to a Logix Class processor or a late Siemens one, only the hardware defined tags are automatically created (at the moment of the module's addition to the project).
Anything else, such as an "internal" BOOL type tag (you could name it B3_0_0 if you wish) needs to be "created" by the developer.
If you wish to use the new tag only within one program you will have to add it to the Local Variables folder of the respective program.
If you wish the tag to be available to all programs, you will have to add it to the Global Variables folder.

Thank you for the help guys. I do have experiance (two years ago) working with S7 on a PLC317-2DP. As soon as I read the post from dmargineau it clicked. Program was up and running before I had to give back the 810. My distributer is quoting 810's and 830's for me as this is written.

Thank you all.