PLC Interfacing

kxs436

Hi All,

I am planning on proposing the communcation schema for a project as in the atatchment- bascially a SCADA which is connected to the internet. My question is if it possible to connect DCS to the SCADA (shown in the atatchment) via internet. And what is needed for the interface.

thanks
Karthik

network schema.JPG

Depends on the SCADA, the communication drivers, and the DCS. Generically, the answer is yes - we would have to know a whole lot more about your system to be able to give you an exact answer.

Dump the hub

I would highly recommend not using an Ethernet hub, instead use at a minimum an unmanaged Ethernet switch. Due to the fact you will be going out to the internet, you may want to have a managed switch and/or a router so you have have better control.

Greg