Siemens -> ProFace and swedish characters

pethoek

I have a problem with ProFace panel (GP-4301TM). My Setup is as follows.

Setup:
1 HMI-Device Siemens MP377
1 PLC (IM151-8 ET-200S)
1 ProFace GP-4301TM

Application:
User can enter a text in the MP377 and the text will appear on the GP-4301TM.

Problem:
When user enter swedish special characters 'å','ä','ö' or 'Å','Ä','Ö' they won't show on the GP-4301TM. Instead there is only an empty position.

Example:
Swedish word in MP377: räknare
Swedish word in GP-4301TM: r knare

Any ideas please?

OK. I found something spawning thru the help pages of the GP-4301TM.

This unit uses CodePage 850 where swedish characters don't have same value as they do in the Siemens world (Extended Ascii table)

hmm.. wonder if it is possible to change this in the GP-4301TM or do i need to create some PLC-code to translate to codepage 850

I am hinking you will need to register those charactors -
I have never used this function

reg.JPG

if you send an email to Proface they may help you -
the manufacturers of general HMI's like this one are usually fairly helpfull.

if you send an email to Proface they may help you -
the manufacturers of general HMI's like this one are usually fairly helpfull.

Yes i've in contact with them and they will help me write a script that fixes this in the HMI. I could do the same in the PLC since the problem is that the "data display" component in the ProFace panel uses codepage 850 it is just a question of doing search and replace of the swedish characters. This could ofcource be done in the PLC using some neat code but since the problem (from my perspective) is within the ProFace i'd like the code fixing it is that project.

Have a nice weekend.