Controllogix and Prosoft Profibus MVI56

pauly

We have a MVI56-PDPMVI profibus master card in a Controllogix rack communicating to a single slave. Every 10 -20 minutes or so the MVI56 card goes into stop, the COM STAT LED goes off and the MSTR STAT LED goes red. This conditions remains for a second or less and the card comes back to life and communication is restored. We have changed the MVI card for a new one out of the box but we still have exactly the same problem. Is there any setting in either Prosoft control builder or the RSLogix 5000 software that might cause this problem? Any advice is appreciated.

We have a MVI56-PDPMVI profibus master card in a Controllogix rack communicating to a single slave. Every 10 -20 minutes or so the MVI56 card goes into stop, the COM STAT LED goes off and the MSTR STAT LED goes red. This conditions remains for a second or less and the card comes back to life and communication is restored. We have changed the MVI card for a new one out of the box but we still have exactly the same problem. Is there any setting in either Prosoft control builder or the RSLogix 5000 software that might cause this problem? Any advice is appreciated.

Terminator turned ON at both ends of Profibus connectors?

I am new to Profibus also, but in my system I do a sync as follows, do not know if it help with your issue, you may try it out

Sync CRC.JPG