AB Siemens communication via Prosoft

msshel0

We are using a compactlogix L32E processor with a prosoft
MVI69-PDPMV1 card to talk to a Siemens 6RA70 drive. We've installed an add on instruction and are using firmware rev 19.11 on the compactlogix. We can communicate cyclically, but when we try to communicate Acyclically we are not having any luck. In the tag the add-on instruction created, .mailbox.acyclicread.out, there are several parameters, we believe we have them set correctly except the index parameter. Prosoft tells me that the index is where the drive parameter should go, but siemens tells me that they need more information (i.e. a parameter # and an index #). Has anyone been able to make an acyclic read/write work for this setup? Any help would be appreciated

when it comes to profibus and siemens, I am very ignorant. I can't figure out how to post a picture of the add on instruction. We're looking at a PPO5, with 120 addressing, if that's what you mean by telegram.

PPO5 does use pkw or parameter data- so thats good
But you do need to tell the block the parameter,index number and last- the value you are reading or writing

I would try reading values first

I would like to see what the block looks like

I guess anything that may tell me how this block works :)
Im familar with Siemens and Siemens drives- but not with AB
Does a manual on the block exist?

what do you have for a length? slot number? index?
are you getting any errors from the AOI?
What gsd file?
This is a screen from Step7- the pkw (parameter data) is 4 words
Im doing alot of assuming here :)

dcmaster.jpg

slotnumber 0
slaveaddress 3
datasize 2
length 2
index 1

we can communicate cyclically
no errors coming back in, which is odd, because we changed the slave address to 5, just to see if we would recieve an error code. we didn't. we've since changed the slave address back to 3

what parameter are you trying to read and where is that in the screen shot?

Pick something simple
P85 for example- it doesnt have an idex

dm.jpg

I guess that's the question. I don't know where to put the parameter number. we were trying to read r001 the speed reference, and we can't get anything back. I talked to a prosoft guy, and he says siemens needs to tell me the address of the parameter. I told him I didn't think siemens worked that way, but he insisted that they probably did. I just didn't have all the info I needed from siemens

With acyclic data access, you are performing the same functions as if you were the drive programming software accessing the drive over Profibus.

To read a parameter you first have to write the parameter number + index you wish to read to a data area and then write the data area to the correct index using the acyclic write. The parameter data will be returned in the acyclic data read (probably using the same index). You have to access the data area to read the parameter value.

Data is transferred to/from the drive in a data buffer and the index you specify is for the data buffer, and is nothing to do with the parameter number you wish to read.

For example, here is the call to SFB53 I use to write the parameters I wish to read from Siemens Sinamics S120 drives. Index 47 is used for the data buffer for these drives.

Code:
      CALL  #WRITE
       REQ   :=#WR_START
       ID    :=#hexadr_diag
       INDEX :=47
       LEN   :=240
       DONE  :=#WR_DONE
       BUSY  :=#WR_Busy
       ERROR :=#WR_ERROR
       RECORD:=#WR_ANY