Micro 830 Serial to PVc

PurdueKid

I just recently got back from the Rockwell Automation Fair and when I was there I sat in a session on the new Micro 830 & PVc. Previously I have been using the Modbus Mapping but that is being very timly so im looking into the CIP method. Ive been sitting here for a couple hours now and I just cannot get them to connect. I am using a 2080-SERIALSOL module on a micro 830. Can anyone please direct me on how to setup the PLC module and the PVc (C600 is what im using) to talk serially but throught the AB CIP method instead of ModBus.

Thanks to anyone that can help, Ive been searching everywhere for some support and I've found the guys on here are almost always better than what I can get from them!

Dylan

I didn't go to that session, but I've read the CCW 2.0 release notes a little bit and they suggest that the current versions of both PanelView Component and Micro 830 will support "CIP symbolic" communications

Have you upgraded your controller to version 2 firmware using ControlFlash ?

Yea I have the latest firmware on both the PLC and the PVc. What I cant figure out is the communication settings on both of them to get it to talk over CIP. I know the modbus works because I can map it and everything works fine. Im just tired of mapping all the tags so I want to start using the CIP. Ive remade the whole program and pv to run off CIP and now I just cannot get the communications to work. I am just wondering if someone has a general setup or something they can walk me through to make sure im not missing something easy.

Thanks