need help in 7 seg display

mr007

hi
i have Allen Bradley slc 500 with 16 outputs
i am trying to make a program that will display from 00 to 99 with a delay of 1 sec. automatically on two 7 segment displays, please help

hi
i have Allen Bradley slc 500 with 16 outputs
i am trying to make a program that will display from 00 to 99 with a delay of 1 sec. automatically on two 7 segment displays, please help

Welcome to the Forum:

You could use and SQO Instruction triggered by a 1 Second Timer. The Sequence Output Instruction transfers a number of Words to a Target Word through a Mask in a Step fashion. All you need is a 7 Segment Truth Table such as this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/amerei1/ee/seven_segment_truth_table.png

If you don't like this one, just Google it.

You can learn about the SLC500 SQO Instruction from the Instruction Reference Manual.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf

Start with that, and if there is something you aren't clear, come back to this Thread, and ask away.

Stu....

please take care of the resistors as they need to be 2200 ohms
with 10 ma flowing it is 220 mW to much for a small resistor
or use two resistors. also take care of common kathode or anode.