Rslogix 5K and Compactlogix- Produced and Consumed Tag

Hi All,
I got 2 Compactlogix PLCs (PLC1 & PLC2) connected over Ethernet I/P Network.I have to read sensor data connected to PLC2 from PLC1 and use it to control a pump connected to PLC1. In Rslogix5000, This can be done using Produced and Consumed Tag concept. My problem is, the sensor data from PLC2 is of Boolean Type and its not possible to create a Produced Tag of Boolean Type.
Can anyone please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.

You can make a DINT and when the sensor comes on turn on an output of one bit of the DINT tag. When I have done this in the past I would make a tag called PLC1_to_PLC2 and make it a DINT. This would be a produced tag in PLC1 and consumed in PLC2. Then you can address at the bit level and you now have 32 bits to work with.

Hi All,
I got 2 Compactlogix PLCs (PLC1 & PLC2) connected over Ethernet I/P Network.I have to read sensor data connected to PLC2 from PLC1 and use it to control a pump connected to PLC1. In Rslogix5000, This can be done using Produced and Consumed Tag concept. My problem is, the sensor data from PLC2 is of Boolean Type and its not possible to create a Produced Tag of Boolean Type.
Can anyone please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.

There are a couple of options I can think of.

You could copy the Status of the Boolean to a Produced DINT Tag in PLC1, and Read the Produced DINT in PLC2.

You could try creating a UDT with a Boolean Tag in it. This seems to work Offline, but I have not tried it between two PLCs to see if it works Online.

Stu....

Can you please give me an example program to move or copy Boolean Value to DINT and again read that bit in remote controller.
Thanks for the help sofar.

Sensor___________PLC1_to_PLC2.0
|---] [---------------( )--|

You can address the DINT to the bit level by adding a .0 - .31 after the DINT tag.

i don't think using P&C through ethernet to send important sensor signals betwenn 2 PLCs is a good idea.Maybe spanner would be a better choice,but it's expensive,& you got only one signal anyway.

i don't think using P&C through ethernet to send important sensor signals betwenn 2 PLCs is a good idea.Maybe spanner would be a better choice,but it's expensive,& you got only one signal anyway.

it actually work fine but some time its a bit tricky to make everything work