wrap around labeler with tracking

Use a FIFO with a sensor at the reject station. At the inspection load the FIFO with the good/bad status of each label. Unload one status at the reject station.

Use a FIFO with a sensor at the reject station. At the inspection load the FIFO with the good/bad status of each label. Unload one status at the reject station.
I agree with using a FIFO, but only to track the product on the conveyor. I think he might be better off using a shift register to track the bad label to the point it gets applied, then use the good/bad label status in this shift register for the FIFO.

🍻

-Eric

what about the number of labels from when it gets checked to when it gets applied ,this number is going to change from job to job. and how do i apply the FIFO CAUSE THE NUMBER OD BOTTLES AFTER LABELED TO REJETS CAN ALSO CHANGE WITH A CHANGE IN WRAP BELT AND CONVEYOR SPEED

Starting with no bottles, no labels and an empty FIFO.

As you scan the labels each good or bad (not just the bad) decision goes into the FIFO. Assuming the FIFO is at least as long as the worst case number of labels/bottles.

The first scanned label is picked up by a bottle then continues through the wrapping belts. That first bottle gets to the reject point where a sensor picks it up. The first entry in the FIFO is removed and examined. If it is a 'good' then nothing happens. If it is a 'bad' then it is rejected. Following behind are the other bottles with their judged label decisions in the FIFO.

I think you were imagining just tracking the 'bad' decisions. You must track both the 'good' and the 'bad' decisions. Assuming the FIFO is long enough it doesn't matter that the number or the belt speeds may be variable.

Bad label is not the only possible reason of bad labeling, and tracking adds possibilities of errors.
I would read applied labels immediately before the rejecting station.

Last edited:
I don't deal with this problem but I wonder, isn't it much harder to read a label when it has been wrapped around a bottle than when it is flat in the label feed section? But there is the misapplication problem to deal with also.

You would also need to have some way of knowing that the label had been applied, if you are using Good label / Bad label signals to update your FIFO. Make sure you ensure a 'bad' signal is generated for a missing label. Otherwise your FIFO may go out of synch.

I have also done this exact problem before and it does work as Bernie describes it: multiple reject causes are tracked by FIFO to the reject gate sensor. Sergei makes a very valid point that the closer you evaluate erros to the reject gate, the less chance that a bottle falls off the conveyor undetected.

Nick

hey guys ,can anyone provide me with a simple latter with a fifo.. allen bradley cause this is the one that iam trying to work with,a simple one that i can run on simutater ,so i san see and see who it really works ,,,,