Conductivity Probe Inputs

bluenoser337

Hi: Replacing an old open board controller with a small PLC. I have a tank with 5 probes (1 reference and 4 different levels). I need an interface device that will give me a dry contact for each of the 4 levels, that I can connect to separate PLC inputs. Lots of relays available to "read" the probes and do simple "fill/empty" control, but I need something with 4 channels to simply give me a "yes/no" for the probes separately. Any suggestions welcomed!

What make and type of the original level probes ?

I know of Endress & Hauser type (silometer) that used to have a separate DIN rail converter to make the level signal.
The same type is still manufactured, now with the electronics in the probe head instead. There is also an analog level converter. Is that what you need ?

I don't know the make of the probes. All I know is that they stick in the side of the tank, are insulated from the tank, and work on conductivity between reference and levels. Only a single wire per probe.

I use a floatless relay from Omron 61F-GP-N2....uses 1 reference and 2 levels...they possibly make what you are looking for

I use a capacitive proximity sensor that senses liquid. It is not subject to grease build-up, yet only senses water. Has been fail-safe now for 2 years, replaced the old sticky float system I had.

wherever possible I use a D/P transmitter to replace probes for more accurate control