Setting up a Decreasing Timer for a Security System

bryan_finley

I am having trouble setting up a timer on Rslogix 5000.

I've gotten the hours by dividing my accum time by 36000000 but am having trouble getting the right minutes and Seconds. I need to figure out how to have my minutes go from 60-0 and same with the seconds. They go to 99. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am having trouble setting up a timer on Rslogix 5000.

I've gotten the hours by dividing my accum time by 36000000 but am having trouble getting the right minutes and Seconds. I need to figure out how to have my minutes go from 60-0 and same with the seconds. They go to 99. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum!

Have a look at the MOD Instruction, it should do what you need.

You can do it with Math of course, but this should save you a few steps. You can find the MOD Instruction in the Instruction Reference here;

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm003_-en-p.pdf

You can also look in the RSLogix5000 Instruction Help.

Stu....

sthompson,

I set up the Mod Instruction. To get hours I make source B 36000000, minutes 600000, and seconds 1000000? And Source A Accum. for my security timer?

Can you give a better explanation of the you are trying to do? There may be a better approach depending on what you are really trying to accomplish.

Perhaps you could share your solution with the Forum. So someone in the future can benefit.

Stu....