Factory Talk ME Alarms

suraj2k

Hello,
I am trying to setup alarms to display on an alarm banner on a specific display 'Display1'.
I dont have a physical HMI, so i'm testing my displays by hitting the 'Play/Test Display' button.
Problem: In 'Test Display' mode, when an alarm condition occurs, the alarm banner remains blank.
Setup Method:
Triggers tab: I've setup one alarm (alarm1) as a trigger, trigger type = value, trigger label = alarm1. (alarm1 is a boolean PLC tag)
Messages tab: Trigger = {[PLC]alarm1}, Trigger Value = 1, Message = 'common alarm', Display = checked, Print = checked
Advanced tab: Display Current alarms: 'Display1'. Everything else is default.

What am I missing? What kind of setup do I need on the alarm banner itself, that sits in 'Display1'?
Thanks

When you use the "Test Display" function, FactoryTalk View just runs that one Display.

It doesn't run the Alarm subsystem, the Macro subsystem, the Global Connections susbsystem... just the one Display.

If you need to test the Alarming system, use the "running man" icon to start a Test Runtime. You'll see all the FactoryTalk services start running (in the FT diagnostics banner) and the whole project and all of its features will run.