Red Lion Crimson 3.0 recipes

RichS

Hi Guys,

Although quite new to Crimson 3.0, I have read through and written specific recipe routines using the tutorials Red Lion sent through, but they do not quite meet our requirements. I have attached a simple recipe page that I have been playing with just with a recipe name and 5 recipes. I can save to the recipe array and save them to the CF card etc. (in a slightly different way to the examples, as I have tried to keep it simple and put all 5 recipe values in the same line along with the recipe name) This way the client can just scroll down the list in the one .csv file and pull out which of the 20 recipes he needs. My problem is that I cannot seem to select the required recipe from the file viewer and put those values back into the recipe variables – i.e. upload recipes from the CF card.

I have attached the database for you / your colleagues to look at. I hope you or your colleagues would be able to modify this database to get it working, and I can then put these changes etc. into the actual database and add all the additional recipe ingredients / values etc.

I do not seem to be able to get much help here in the UK.

Thanks in advance,

Rich.

The sample posted doesn't have any code written to write to the CF card. Was the correct file posted?
If you go our sample databases on our website http://www.redlion.net/Support/Downloads/SoftwareLibrary/G3SampleDatabases.html
You will see a file called RecipetoCF, which has the code required to read and write your info to the CF card. You won't be able to use the file viewer to populate your values, its a read only viewer.

Hi Jeremy,

The code is written in the 'Complex Code' attribute of the three buttons.

I have attached it again for information.

Rich.

I downloaded this sample file from Red Lion website and downloaded into my HMI, it did not save any data to the Saved.csv on the compactflash card.

RichS,

Did you ever get this code working? If so, I would like a copy or some help with my setup.

I have about 20 parameters per recipes. Named as follows:

I setup each recipe name and parameter setting as an array. I followed the Red Lion tutorial to do this but now think I should change this. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this?

Here are the actual names of my tags, (just a few of them) if anyone wants to show me with an example please do.

ProductionOrder (this is a 7 digit integer)
GapRoll1 (these are all floats)
GapRoll3
AngleRoll1
AngleRoll2
DeflectRoll4
DeflectRoll6

I would like to save them onto the CompactFlash card.

Last edited:
Start a new post and give more information such as make and model of the HMI and PLC
used. You post is to vague.