PLC not seeing another PLC

JoshM

Hi,

We have several compactlogix controllers and they have several global data points that they share.

One of the units lost control power and when it returned it came back seeing a majority of the PLC's except one.

I have seen similar situations and sometimes just running gpupdate /force command has fixed it in the past. Making me think it is some form of security issue, but its weird that it is always the same unit, not the PLC that lost communication power, and not any of the other PLC's.

Can I prevent this somehow?

Thank you,

Josh

No pronouns without antecedents !

You're going to have to explain how the controllers share data and what exactly you mean when you say that a controller "sees" another.

My first assumption when you say that controllers "share data" is that they use Produced/Consumed Tags, and a Windows permission would have nothing at all to do with that functionality of the controller.

if you are running ethernet, you should be able to pick them up in bootp, if you see them there, then make sure that they have an IP assigned if your running on IP adresses... Guess you need to tell us a littel bit more about your setup.