VMWare Station 9 Help!!

mdemmer

I have a new Laptop with Windows 7 64 Bit OS. I still use the Compatibility Product Release (CPR) 9 SR2 for all my AB Software. Up till now I have had no issue with any of the software. Now I have no choice but to use VMWare to keep my old 32 bit Only programs alive so I can support our older PLCs/HMIs. I have run into a major road block with RSViewME Studio 5.1 with Factory Talk 2.1. I cannot get the RSLinx Enterprise to find my ethernet Devices. I have RSLinx 2.56 (CPR9 SR1) and it has no problem finding all my attached ethernet devices. So what an I doing wrong. I even tried to close RSLinx Classic and run only Enterprise and that does NADDA. Any help would be great.

I run into this from time to time. Sometimes it is VPN related and sometimes it's firewall related.

What I found was if I manually add one of my Ethernet devices like a ControlLogix Ethernet/IP module, RSLinx Enterprise will see it and use it to let me drill through to the backplane. It would discover all the devices in the chassis without me having to manually add them. But, it wouldn't discover the Ethernet module unless I manually added it. Like you said, RSLinx Classic worked fine in that scenario.

In that case, it was the Windows Firewall causing the problem. I disabled the firewall and then all my devices were discovered. It wasn't necessarily a VMware issue, but a firewall issue in the Windows virtual machine running inside VMware.

Something to try!

OG