Vigor PLC's

Thanks Mike. This is sure to help. Nope can't read a bit of Chinese, but I may be able to follow the signs...lol. Thanks again, great forum here.
Bob (waggs)

btw Mike...I was able to get through Vigor's site and download an updated version of their software...just what I was looking for. Thanks again for the point in the right direction.
Bob

Mike,
The only thing that I found in English were some of the drop down menus and the words 'Windows' and 'English'. From there I was able to find the proper download I was looking for!~!~! It was quite an adventure.

waggs

Waggs,

Where in the world did you come across this PLC? No website in English, Very hard to find site, etc... Did you consider R&R the PLC to something that can be supported?

I had a job with some off the wall PLC and after screwing with it for a while we replaced the PLC and stuck a new one in the panel. It actually took less time. Time is money...

By the way, I stumbled across this site months ago and for some unknown reason I bookmarked it. They call it providence...

Good luck with it.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Well, this is one of those Saturday morning over coffee jobs that just kind of get you outta the house. Actually, the customer is a friend that owns a small stamping and molding shop near me. He found that I can wind my way through a wide variety of PLC's so calls me when he gets in a jam. I was able to get into that site just long enough to get the latest release of software. Its not too bad, kind of a mixture of Medoc, CLIP and a few others, made to run in Windows. The machine is a small assembly machine and the total cost really makes it almost a throw-away. Coming from Taiwan is how the Vigor brand got put in it. The real kink comes from trying to make sense of the documentation, comments and labels that are there. Most don't have any so its dig in and try to come up with...'what was that guy thinking'? Yes, I've started my own program, much quicker and simpler. Glad you bookmarked that site...helped me tremendously. Great forum, guys, I will stop in often. Its been interesting, educational and entertaining. It does help this night shift pass a little more quickly.

best to all,
waggs

English site soon

Hi..QIS-UK have just been appointed the UK sole agent for Vigor PLC's. We will soon have a website up and running IN ENGLISH and will be able to field technical questions and offer an interface for the VIGOR range that will become a major player in the PLC world market in the next few years. Anyway for any CURRENT users needing info at least you can direct questions through us and we will endevor to get a decent technical responce as soon as possible. regards Grey Smith QIS-UK