Micrologix 1000 Programming

Abhishek0505

I work on micrologix 1000 on that i have a doubt.
By pressing input button three times i want to glow three output one by one in sequence. without using counter. how can i ???

I suspected there was more to your question. If this is a student exercise you need to show what you have tried so far. Post your code. Explain what you expected and what actually happeed. For students we give suggestions to help you think about the problem.

There are several methods that come to mind. Here is the first rung of the first method, probably the best method for a student problem where "without counter" was stated. The other rungs are left to you, the beginner, to figure out. Of course your Input and Output addresses will be different for the MicroLogix 1000.

3-LAMP SEQUENCE WITHOUT COUNTER.jpg

Last edited:
By PM the poster has requested help but I am replying here.

To show your work please use a compression program like Winzip or just Windows Compressed Folders to create a ZIP version of your RSS file. The, when you create another post, use the 'Attach Files' section of the 'Additional Options' window to upload your zip file and include it in your post. Then everyone can view it and help.

You know this question got me thinking. So today during lunch, I sketched out a ladder program using strictly boolean logic, (with a one shot on the PB) and I think I can do this with out any math functions, counters etc...
Am I crazy? It's tricky but I think it will work , next ML project I do, I will test and let you know.

BTW, I had to utilize the scan order of a ML1000 to get it to work ( in my mind at least).

I tested this using five rungs of logic. I used a one-shot in each rung and some latch and unlatch outputs. It works without any math, counters, compares or any other instructions.