Thoughts on official Siemens S7 programming course

Hello everyone. I am just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about the official siemens S7 programming level 1 course are or if they have attended? I will be going next week to manchester to do this. It was self funded and I am hoping that the course will have been worth the cost.

Have done S7 basic. That was good to show the capabilities and setup, but was never going to make me a programmer.

Thank you wilso. I was hoping for it giving a better idea of s7-300/400s capabilities but i do plan to do levels 2 and 3 also, i have worked with allen bradley in the past but i am struggling a bit to get my head around siemens.

I have done the 'Safety PLC' training course in Siemens.
Just needed a hand on the use of DB's for HMI's
and the setup of time values for timers
other than that - fairly easy to move into siemens programming
now with the AB830 range - same timer setup - so handy to already know

Thank you for the replies already posted gents but please keep them coming. Also out of curiosity has anyone passed the engineers exam after they have completed level 3?

Do you have the programming software + some kit to practice on when you have finished the course?

If possible I would enjoy tagging along with a local programmer just to learn the different methods but it is amazing how difficult this is to accomplish even when I am offering free assistance.

Your "free assistance" could equate to "interupting hindrance" to someone up to their eyes on a programming job. I've posted a few interesting "flasher" puzzles - maybe a few simpler ones might help you.

I done S7 Levels 1 and 2 a few years ago. Level 1 is a very good introductory course but you need to work with it "hands-on" afterwards. I would definitely do Level 1 and get some on-the-job experience before signing up for Level 2. Good luck