Noob question: Backup, FX3U-48MT/ES

lensmaker

You'll quickly realize I have very little knowledge about PLCs. Please clarify a couple baby-noob questions.

I am working with a polishing machine used in the production of ophthalmic lenses, utilizing a FX3U-48MT/ES PLC. The equipment has various machine (customer) settings which can be modified through the HMI. There are many such machines that require the same customer settings. I would like to make a backup of a standard set, and import that backup to all other pieces of equipment. Also, in the case that the PLC software is updated, I would like to be able to reinstall the customer settings after the software update.

Are each of these possible? What is the procedure for backing up these customer settings? What is the procedure for importing these settings?

Thanks

We use MDT's Autosave, but I don't think that it is FX aware. Which in that case I wouldn't bother with Autosave. Not much help, there...

I see that there is a program called Sellwood3u, which might do it. The company that made the software seems defunct, but an older version looks to be available.