RSLogix detecting ML1400 B Series as an A series

kay_gsr13

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have 1766-L32BXBA ML1400 B series with FW11. RSLinx detects the processor as the correctly but RSLogix 500 (Verion 8.4)detects the processor as an A series. Am I missing something here? any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

K

I'm using RSLinx 2.58 and the major error is: "The base minimum series selected in the user program configuration was greater than the series on the actual base" as my base in my program is set as 1766-L32BXBA B/11 but as I have mention RSLogix see the processor as an A series. Thanks

Are you using the "Read I/O Config" feature to automatically fill out the I/O configuration ?

I think I remember encountering this issue a couple of years ago; RSLogix 500 simply mis-identified the controller Series letter when it performed the hardware interrogation.

Try manually setting the base hardware to be Series B, so that it matches the Processor Type as Series B. That ought to allow the program to validate correctly.

Try manually setting the base hardware to be Series B, so that it matches the Processor Type as Series B. That ought to allow the program to validate correctly.

And just in case you don't know where that is at. See picture

BaseSeries.jpg

Initially I did use the "read I/O config" function. I have manually config the settings and was able to download the program, but still get the error when going to run mode. I have not tried to use it under A base as I thought I would lose other functions. I will try running everything as A when I get into work, but I was also planning to update the firmware to 13 if I still can't get it going. Thanks for the helpful information Ken & OkiePC. Will keep you updated. Thanks.

K

Well after hours and hours of trying to get the hardware base and program base to match it kept telling me that the base in my configuration was greater than the actual base. I changed the Base Selection to match the label on the side of my controller, in the Embedded General Configuration tab but to no success. I eventually just cleared all memory and change the Series/Rev/Functionality Type to "A" instead of the "B" that is displayed on the controllers label and it work. I was able to switch into RUN mode with a fault. TechConnect didn't help much either as they just told me to update the firmware or send the controller back for warranty. I'm wondering if they just stuck the wrong label on the side of the controller...lol...anyways thanks everyone for helping. K