Ml1000

dmelect

Hi, I guess I am missing something but I was connected to a ML1000 with a regular PM-02 cable. Changed the protocol and now I cannot connect no matter what I do. I even tried DF1 Polling master driver. Can anyone help?

Hi, I guess I am missing something but I was connected to a ML1000 with a regular PM-02 cable. Changed the protocol and now I cannot connect no matter what I do. I even tried DF1 Polling master driver. Can anyone help?

Do have the Offline Program to check what the Communication Settings are?

Have you tried an Auto-Configure?

Which exact ML1000 do you have?

Stu....

I have tried autoconfigure with no luck, the node is 4. Not sure what you mean by the offline program check what the comms settings are.

Did you set the station address to 4 in RSLinx? It's strange as with DF1 the station address is your computers address but DF1 half duplex you need to set the station to the plcs address. Do not set an address above 31 as you will never be able to go online again and the 1000 has no DCOMS. (Don't ask how I know this)

Kraken Fan #69

What you're describing, Krakenfan#69, is a specific behavior of the "RS-232 DF1 Devices" driver, with the "Half Duplex" selection.

It is contrary to logic and experience and I don't really like it.

With the DF1 Polling Master driver, you set the Master node number (often 0) and put the Slave device node numbers in the polling list.

What's possible is that dmelect accidentally configured Hardware Handshaking, which means he'll have to set up a driver that supports it and use a cable that supports it.

Pulling my hair out. If I configure DF1 devices, I set station number at 01 and half duplex it will autoconfigure. But I cannot go online?

Try DF1 Full Duplex.
Real Serial port? If not, what kind of adapter are you using? Many USB to serial converters don't autoconfigure reliably in RSLinx, and need to be set manually to the right baud rate.

dmelect said:
Ml1000

What was it before (the protocol)?

What did you change it to?

Did you successfully download it?

Usually, when the changes are applied to the channel at the end of the download, there is a warning, and if you accepted that change, then the answer to my second question above is critical. Try to be as specific as possible, before and after .rss files would be useful, or even screen capture .png pictures of the channel configuration. You can post pictures when you post (look for the Go Advanced button, attach files) and zip files with size limits. So for all the files except images, zip them first.

Paul

Last edited:
I downloaded the program and then changed the protocol to half duplex. It said I would lose comms and I said ok. Now I cannot connect. The comm port seems to be correct. Thank you very much for your help

The potocol before was full duplex. It seems that the autoconfigure is just communicating to the computer itself, is that possible