Communication issue with Unity/Quantum

rankhornjp

PLC CPU: 652 60
Unity: 6.1
Firmware: 3.0
Connection: via Ethernet

Problem:

I had a computer/network issue while in programming mode. When I restarted Unity and tried to connect to the PLC I get an error message: Programming mode reserved by "-empty-" This forces me into monitoring mode only. We only have one computer that has Unity on it, its name is not "-empty-"

What I have tried:

1) Reboot the network side of the CPU via web interface: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/secure/embedded.htm xxx=PLC IP

2) Unpluged the Ethernet cable from the PLC and waited 5 mins (used stopwatch).

3) Tried to connect through Modbus+

4) Ungraded to Unity 7.0

None of these worked.

PLC controls 2 plants and power cycling it is out of the question at this time.

Any suggestions?