rslogix Emulate 500 software help

mag176

hi plc gurus

i need help with rslogix emulate 500 software.
I am in learning curve with rockwell software.
my question is
Can i able to upload program from plc by using rslogix Emulate 500 software ? or its only for offline purpose

is there any free software link that i can use for download rockwell software fore uploading logic from plc ?

thanks in advance

RSLogix 500 Emulate software emulates a SLC processor; it replicates the functionality of a PLC within a PC and it is used to develop/debug complex applications without the need of a real PLC.
In order to upload/download applications from/to a SLC (or Emulated SLC) you will need RSLinx Classic (Lite), a free utility available with any RSLogix install software package or available for download at:

http://compatibility.rockwellautoma...ds.aspx?crumb=112&toggleState=&versions=51382

thanks dmargineau

I already download RSLinxClassisLite2.57 sotware,
so by using this software am I able to upload logic from plc and check logic in RSEmulate500?

or i need different controllogix software?

For any SLC processor, including an RSLogix 500 Emulator emulated one, you will need RSLogix 500.
RSLogix 500 is the configuration and development platform for Allen-Bradley manufactured SLC family of programmable logic controllers.
RSLogix 500 Emulate is a software utility used to create a "virtual" SLC controller on a user PC; in order to create/develop applications to be deployed onto a real or "virtual" SLC you will need RSLogix 500.

Wait, wait, back up.

RSLinx is a communication utility. RSEmulate is a simulation utility.

In general, the tool to upload and download programs from a logic controller is the editor.

For Allen-Bradley brand controllers, these are the RSLogix family of software.

These are not universal; RSLogix 5 is for PLC-5 controllers, RSLogix 500 is for SLC-500 and MicroLogix controllers, and RSLogix 5000 is for the ControlLogix family of controllers.

These are expensive software packages. If you just need to back up or load a program into a controller, hire somebody who already has this software to do it for you.

Thanks guys
its crystal clear now.

So if i use rslogix5000_v17_demo
i downloaded it free.
I can upload logic from plc right?

This software has 90 days trial in it.

RSLogix 5000 is used for Logix class controllers only (ControLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix)!; it will not work with an SLC or 500 Emulator.
The software revision must match the controller's one!
I don't think the demo's trial version could be used to upload/download from/to a CPU...

dmargineau is correct; the RSLogix 5000 "free" demo is an offline-only program. It will not upload or download to any controller.

mag176, what exactly are you trying to do ?