Positioning with PLCOPEN???

Karsten

Hello,

I feel stupid. Have been reading about PLCOPEN for motion control but do not quite get the connection to the hardware.

I want to do a very simple positioning with a motor drive that excepts a +/-10V command from an AO. I have a linear sensor 4-20mA connected to AI.

This is just for test/demo and no speed or accuracy demands.

In general terms how to use this haedware with the plcopen FBs?

I the plcopen function blocks are provided by the hardware(motion controller) manufacturer. They are specific to their hardware. They may look the same(from vendor to vendor), but it is really firmware. The function blocks are inherently made for positioning types of applications where you don't have to worry about feedback and analog signals. Please explain in more detail what you are trying to do.

PLCOpen blocks are used by for example codesys to have a nice platform and good portability between systems.
You can contact zaltbommel for this, but i know you use wago codesys, and they have this is their libs.
for your app i would NOT use them as they are too complicated for what you are looking for.
or use oscat
setpoint -position := output;
and yes this simple will work, it will oscilate but it is a start.