Red Lion G308K vs Allen Bradley Ultra drive

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Customer had to replace a G308K HMI panel because of a burned out backlight. They got a replacement unit, downloaded the .cd2 file to it and it won't communicate with an Ultra 3000 drive. The only thing different is the G308K.

When I first put the system together a couple of years ago I had to get help from Red Lion to get the Ultra3000 protocol to work on the Kadet series. Mike Granby helped me out in this thread.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=49918

I can't find the email traffic between Mike and myself that followed the last post in that thread and which might jog my memory about how we resolved it. Is there anybody here who had to deal with the same issue? I can't remember if the solution was to get the correct build of Crimson 2.0 or whether it was a file that had to be downloaded to the G308K.

Steve,

Any updated driver that Mike would have given you back in 09 will now be the current driver. So as long as the customer is running the most recent version of the software he should be good. I last spoke with your customer yesterday and he has some questions for you. If you would like you can contact me directly regarding this situation [email protected]

Thanks Jeremy,

I couldn't remember if the update Mike sent was just a build for Crimson 2.0 or whether there was firmware required for the Kadet.

I've been in regular contact with the customer and we're still struggling with it. Trying to determine if the problem is with the Kadet, the Ultra drive, the cable between the two, or some combination of all three.