Momentary pushbutton in M8 form factor

LadderLogic

I am wondering if anyone makes a miniature snap-action pushbutton which looks like a typical 8 mm prox, with a 3-pin M8 connector on one end.

Has anybody seen anything like that? TIA.

Ah, yes. I didn't think of that. Yesterday during my free time I tried to find a pushbutton with an M8 connector, without any luck.

But Kolyur's right. You could put a M8 proximity switch into an adapter, I think they are called Banking Screws by a lot of manufacturers. They have a spring loaded metal actuator, usually used for protecting switches from physical damage but could be adapted for use as a makeshift pushbutton.

Edit:
I don't think they come in Snap-Action though...

I've used the Softnoze devices (they call them "cushioned sensor mounts") in the past to protect prox sensors, with decent results. The sliding component is steel against steel, so they will wear out in high cycle applications. I've had to replace a few but they aren't too expensive.

The "ShortStop" is actually designed to be used as a pushbutton (not snap-action I assume). I haven't tried it but it looks interesting.