PV+6 offline vs online tag issues

DairyBoy

Hey all. I transferred a PV+6 project from my laptop via a stick, to a pc using the application manager tool, deleting the old version and then restoring the copied one. The backup to the stick was generated via the application manager too. I changed the project comms settings to reflect the pc environment on the restored version.

I also had been editing the plc from the laptop so the first thing I did was to upload the running application from the plc and save it.

I'm obsessive about saving and do this after every edit but there are some tags in the compactlogix database that I recently added via the laptop that only appear in the online tags in the PV editor on the pc.

Also, a few of the last edited descriptions didn't upload to the pc so I've manually added them now.

The PV itself is running the downloaded version from the laptop and all is well there but the pc-based test project facility is generating a continuous, cyclic lost comms error message immediately followed by the apparent resolution of all signals (one very long and rapidly scroling list, pause, and then round again until the screen is changed away from the one that contains the "missing" tags. The numeric labels that these represent are filled by "??". Using the online taglist does not change things (should I expect it to anyway?)

It's not the first time I've copied the project between the same computers with eventual success and have used the same method this time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should start looking in order to "find" the offline tags?

Thanks.