WonderWare Communications With Windows 7

dmmons

Anyone here have any issues using the WonderWare Ethernet driver with Windows 7?

We have a program developed in Windows XP which works fine. We loaded it onto a new PC with Windows 7. Set up the communications exactly the same the way as the XP computer, and are unable to establish comm's.

The PLC is a Mitsubishi Q series. PLC and PC are connected via an Ethernet switch nothing else on it.

We are able to ping the plc with the Windows 7 PC and get a response.

One thing we noticed was that in the System Management Console, under the "Diagnostics", in the "Devices" folder, we did not see our devices on the Windows 7 computer, but we do on the XP computer.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Can you try turning off Windows firewall... Windows 7 has tons of inbound and outbound rules that could block certain protocols.