PLC 5- Engineering units conversion

bfranklin

How does a guy convert a raw integer from a flow meter into engineering units such as m3\day.

I am using a FRD function for the raw BCD to Integer.

thanks

Tell us more about the PLC5 you have /10,11,12,15,20,25,30,40,60,80 also which analog input card do you have? If configured properly you shouldn't have to mess with a BCD
conversion.
You could then use math instructions to scale your analog input to engineering units.

If to can give us the full scale in engineering units e.g. 4 to 20ma equals 0-100 m3\day someone could help.

Post the program if you can. Zip it first.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I need to scale a raw value into Engineering units. i don't think there is a standard scaling block in PLC 5 instruction set (or i didn't see...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am john and I have finished my graduation in software field and currently looking to kick start my professional career. At present I...
Replies
Views
Hello, is there a recommended field to pursue plc / automation / robot / manufacturing engineering? My friend recommended not pursuing a Master's...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am not a very big fan of reading but I realize reading can be fun and increase your knowledge since I subscribe to personal...
Replies
Views
This sight is a pleathora of knowledge, perhaps someone can help me come up with the solution. I have an air cylinder with a stroke length of 3...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom