Siemens S7-300 Hardware Config rearrangement

Mr_SF

G'day Guys,
I have a S7-314C-2 DP Processor (6ES7 314-6CF00-0AB0) which has a full rack this has a IM365 module which breaks it out another rack with a spare slot.
I need to add a CP343 Lean module (Ethernet card) to the system yet Hardware manager won't allow the CP343 Lean to sit on the rack with a spare slot (I guess this is because the CP343 would bottleneck at the IM365?) hence I need to move a I/O module from the first rack to the second to allow me to place the CP343 on the same rack as the 314C. Is there an easier way to do then than having to A. Physically swop a card to make space on the same rack as the 314C and B. If I have to swop the cards do I manually have to reconfigure all the addresses using a global change?

I'm really after a couple of pointers as to problems I may encounter or tips to make this easier/less risk to production

Cheers.
Rob

"Rules: Arranging modules on multiple racks​
Please note the following points if you wish to arrange your modules on multiple
racks:​
•​
The interface module always uses slot 3 (slot 1: power supply; slot 2: CPU, slot
3: interface module)

•​
It is always on the left before the first signal module.

•​
No more than 8 modules (SM, FM, CP) are permitted per rack.

•​
The number of modules (SM, FM, CP) is limited by the permitted current load
on the S7-300 backplane bus. The total power consumption must not exceed

1.2 A per row."

I was thinking that the CP did not count as part of the 8 modules, but only the IM.
My mistake.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your Advice I previously have used a NetLink converter on a S7-400 profibus which worked fine however I already have a CP343 Lean card so its hard to justify another ~$800 on a Netlink converter.

If the interface module always uses slot 3 and I have the IM365 in slot 3 does this mean that I cant put the CP343 next to it in slot 4 pushing the I/O's along moving the last one to the next rack?
Thanks

Rob

Last edited: