Panelview Slot addressing

ettikudiappan

Hi

I have a panelview application whose communication parameters are configured as shown in the attachment.
The Panelview talks to a 1747-SN module in a SLC chassis.
How do I find out what Slot addressing it is using? For eg. is it a 1/2 slot, 1 slot or 2 slot addressing? From the Block transfers in the SLC500 program, I can say it is using either 1 or 1/2 slot addressing, but how exactly to find out? Though I have 4+ years experience in AB controls, I am still in the dark regarding the RGS addressing!!

scanner.jpg

For your example, it would be Rack 3, Group 0, Slot 0, for the BTW/BTR's. Note that you have to have unique lengths for the READ and WRITE areas of the Panelview so that it can understand which BT goes where.

For the most part, panelviews on RIO are addressed with 1 slot addressing, and I think always will be with a SLC processor.

That PV rack by the way should be set up as 1/4 rack in the SLC SN scanner G files, so you have two words of discrete I/O area.

To go a bit further, the 'Slot' will always be 0 if you are using 1/2 or 1 slot addressing, and may be 0 or 1 when using 2 slot addressing. The 'Group' represents the actual 16 bit 'module slot', so you can think of it as a 16 bit input or output module. If your SN scanner is in slot 1 of the SLC rack, you can use word 0 of it as an output, and word 1 as an input if you like, addressed as O:1.0/0 to O:1.0/15 and I:1.1/0 to I:1.1/15. they can also be reversed, or both I's, or both O's.

Last edited: