control list selector in FT View ME

bigbuckaroo

Ok so I am having a major brain cramp and need some help. I am creating a control list selector with 2 embedded variables per state. First variable is a string tag with a fixed length of 10 and is called Product Name. Second variable is a Numeric tag and is Specific Gravity of Product Name. All is working fine except the way it looks. When I put different string lengths in the first column it messes up the alignment of the second column. There has to be something I am missing becasue I have a control list selector that was created from a PB32 conversion with 2 embedded variables just like what I am doing and the second column on that one stays lined up regardless of length of variable in first column. I have gone through both objects numerous times to figure this out and no luck. Tried manual for FT View ME and couldn't find anything there either. Any ideas? My forehead hurts from this. Gotta be something simple I am missing.

There should be a tick box for a fixed field length in the embedded variable text dialog box. You may want to try turnign that on for all the states, and setting them all the same length.

Fonts may come into play here. If you are not using a fixed width font, then even having the same character length can result in different total pixel widths.

There should be a tick box for a fixed field length in the embedded variable text dialog box. You may want to try turnign that on for all the states, and setting them all the same length.

Fonts may come into play here. If you are not using a fixed width font, then even having the same character length can result in different total pixel widths.

Yes the tick box for fixed field length is set, and they are set to a length of 10. However the actual length of the various string tags varies, 10 is just really being used as the maximum length that can be used for the product name. As for fixed width font I am using the default so not sure if that is an issue. I will keep digging. Thanks for the tips, I will actually go back and double check these.